Did you know...
In France the gift of wine for the hostess of a dinner party is not an appropriate gift as the hostess would prefer to choose the vintage for the night. In Sweden, a bottle of wine or flowers are an appropriate gift for the hostess. Also, in some countries you should not open the gift in front of the giver and others it would be an insult if you did not open the gift. There are also religious practices in some cultures that need to be considered when giving gifts.
- Christmas Recipes
- Free Software for your Computer
- Christmas Jokes
- Main dish: Roast Turkey with Sage and Basil
- Side dish: Roasted New Potatoes with Rosemary
- Drink: Cinnamon Spiced Punch
- Desert: Chocolate Coffee Yule Log
- Desert: Christmas Cherry and Fruit Cake
- Desert: Christmas Pudding
- Snack: Chocolate Star Cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: if you don't like Microsoft's Internet Explorer, it's easy to switch to an alternative. Firefox from Mozilla leads the charge - a fast, flexible web browser that includes tabbed browsing, smart privacy controls, built-in spell checking, and the ability to add a range of plug-ins to extend its already impressive functionality.
- Adobe Flash Player: Speaking of plug-ins, if you want to get the best web experience, view every website, play games in your web browser and watch videos in Firefox, you're going to need the Adobe Flash Player. This plug-in is an internet essential. Flash powers most Facebook games, YouTube, and an array of innovative, interactive websites that include WeChooseTheMoon.org (a recreation of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon) and moodstream.gettyimages.com (an interactive mood board from Getty Images). If you're going to have a good time on the web, and experience it to its full potential, you need Adobe Flash.
- OpenOffice: Microsoft Office is the obvious choice when it comes to business productivity, but its price tag can put some people off. You might think that a free alternative wouldn't be able to match Microsoft's suite for functionality, but OpenOffice can prove you wrong. Instead of Word and Excel, try Writer and Calc. PowerPoint too has a free equivalent - Impress is ideal for creating multimedia presentations. Of course, there'd be no point in singing OpenOffice's praises if it wasn't compatible with Microsoft Office document formats. It is, enabling you to save out OpenOffice files that can be opened by Office users and vice-versa.
- Adobe Reader: If you work with documents on a regular basis, you're going to need to open and print PDFs. Adobe Reader 11 is the best way to do exactly that. Adobe created the PDF standard, and so its Reader software is the obvious way to open and view PDFs. It's also more than just a reader. If PDFs have been created with interactive forms or require digital signatures, Reader enables you to add information to them quickly and easily. Adobe Reader also supports annotations, letting teams discuss edits to PDF documents and mark them up with highlights and sticky notes.
- Avira: A PC without anti-virus software is like a car without any doors. Anybody could get in and wreak havoc. The most popular AV products, including McAfee and Norton require you to take out a yearly subscription. But before you do, consider a free alternative like Avira 2014. This software equips your PC with a layer of key defenses that protect your computer from threats automatically, eliminating harmful viruses and Trojans, blocking sneaky adware, zapping spyware, and even warning you if you visit a website that could infect your system. And yes, it's completely free.
- CCleaner: If Avira 2014 helps you to protect your PC from viruses and unwanted installs, CCleaner 4.09 will help you get rid of anything that has already slipped through. Using a simple interface, CCleaner can be set up to find unnecessary files and unused applications and, with a nod from you, delete them. This frees up space on your PC, cleans up your Registry, and lessens the load on your system. A win-win-win situation.
- Free YouTube to MP3 Converter: With all this talk of work and security, you'd be forgiven for thinking that we have no playful software to recommend. The Free YouTube to MP3 Converter does exactly what it says on the tin - takes any YouTube video and extracts the audio track from it, saving it as an MP3 file on your PC's hard disk. This makes it ideal for grabbing music tracks from videos or stripping out the content from an interview, webinar or TED talk, so you can listen to it later on an MP3 player or smartphone. Handy. Still please be aware for any legal considerations for online music.
- VLC Media Player: Last, and by no means least, we come to a program that shames Windows Media Player's lack of multimedia mastery. VLC Media Player might not look as pretty, but it can play any video or audio format that you care to throw at it - DivX, H.264, Cinepak, Real Video, MP3, WMA, FLAC, ALAC and many more besides. No need to download extra codecs. With an array of settings to optimize playback, tweak sound quality, and set up multi-video 'playlists', it's the ultimate media player. Every PC should have one.
Why does Santa have three gardens?
So he can 'ho ho ho'!
Why did Santa's helper see the doctor?
Because he had a low "elf" esteem!
What kind of motorbike does Santa ride?
A Holly Davidson!
What do you call a cat in the desert?
Who delivers presents to cats?
What do you call a dog who works for Santa?
What do you call Father Christmas in the beach?
What did the sea Say to Santa?
Nothing! It just waved!
What does Santa do with fat elves?
He sends them to an Elf Farm!
What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck?
A Christmas Quacker!
Who delivers presents to baby sharks at Christmas?
What says Oh Oh Oh?
Santa walking backwards!
What goes Ho Ho Whoosh, Ho Ho Whoosh?
Santa going through a revolving door!
Why does Santa go down the chimney on Christmas Eve?
Because it 'soots' him!
Who is Santa's favorite singer?
What do you call Santa's little helpers?
What do Santa's little helpers learn at school?
What did Santa say to the smoker?
Please don't smoke, it's bad for my elf!
Where does Santa go when he's sick?
To the elf centre!
Where do elves go to dance?
What do elves eat for breakfast?
What do you call a frozen elf hanging from the ceiling?
What type of Shoes does Santa wear when he travels on a train?
What do you get if Santa goes down the chimney when a fire is lit?
Who is Santa Claus married to?
How long do a reindeers legs have to be?
Long enough so they can touch the ground!
What do reindeer hang on their Christmas trees?
Why are Christmas trees so bad at sewing?
They always drop their needles!
What's worse than Rudolph with a runny nose?
Frosty the snowman with a hot flush!
Did Rudolph go to school?
No. He was Elf-taught!
Why did the Rudolph cross the road?
Because he was tied to the chicken!
Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because he wasn't chicken!
Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because it was the chicken's day off!
What happened to the turkey at Christmas?
It got gobbled!
Why did the turkey join the band?
Because it had the drumsticks!
What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
What do snowmen wear on their heads?
How do snowmen get around?
They ride an icicle
What do snowmen eat for lunch?
What song do you sing at a snowman's birthday party?
Freeze a jolly good fellow!
How does Good King Wenceslas like his pizzas?
One that's deep pan, crisp and even!
Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?
A mince spy!
What did Adam say on the day before Christmas?
It's Christmas, Eve!
How many letters are in the angelic alphabet?
The Christmas alphabet has "no EL"!
What carol is heard in the desert?
O camel ye faithful!
What do angry mice send to each other at Christmas?
Cross Mouse Cards!
What is the best xmas present in the world?
A broken drum, you just can't beat it!
How do sheep in Mexico say Merry Christmas?
How did Scrooge with the football game?
The ghost of christmas passed!
What athlete is warmest in winter?
A long jumper!
What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations?
What is the worst disease that you get at Christmas?
What's the most popular Christmas wine?
'I don't like Brussels sprouts!'
Why do ghosts live in the fridge?
Because it's cool!
What happened to the man who stole an Advent Calendar?
He got 25 days!
What did the beaver say to the Christmas Tree?
Nice gnawing you!
Why are Christmas Trees like bad knitters? They keep loosing their needles!
What do crackers, fruitcake and nuts remind me of?
What's the best thing to put into a Christmas Cake?
What do you get if you cross a bell with a skunk?
Where would you find chili beans?
At the north pole!
Why don't penguins fly?
Because they're not tall enough to be pilots!
What do sheep say at Christmas?
Wool-tide Bleatings! or A Merry Christmas to Ewe!
What do you call a bunch of chess players bragging about their games in a hotel lobby?
Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer!
What's green, covered in tinsel and goes ribbet ribbet?
Which football team did the baby Jesus support?
What do you call a three legged donkey?
A wonky donkey!
Pudding in your face!
Snow business like show business!
Hanna partridge in a pear tree!
Holly-days are here again!
Hark the Harold Angels Sing!
Santa went to the Doctors with a problem.
Doctor: What seems to be the problem?
Santa: I seem to have a mince pie stuck up my bottom!
Doctor: Well your in luck because I've got just the cream for that!