Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Funny: A Professor explaining Marketing to students



Although this is an old internet story I realised that many do not know it. So here it goes...

Once upon a time there was a Marketing teacher explaining Marketing concepts to students, since they were having difficulty with the concepts an interesting analogy was created.



  1. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!” – That’s Direct Marketing
  2. You’re at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl/boy. One of your friends goes up to her/him and pointing at you says: “He’s/She's very rich. Marry him/her.” – That’s Advertising
  3. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him and get her/his telephone number. The next day, you call and say: “Hi, I’m very rich. Marry me.” – That’s Telemarketing
  4. You’re at a party and see gorgeous girl/boy. You get up and straighten your clothes, you walk up to her/him and pour her/him a drink, offer her/him ride and then say:” By the way, I’m rich. Will you marry me?” – That’s Public Relations
  5. You’re at a party and see gorgeous girl/boy. She/He walks up to you and says: “You are very rich! Can you marry Me!?” – That’s Brand Recognition
  6. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!” She/He gives you a nice hard slap on your face. That’s Customer Feedback
  7. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him and say: “I am very rich. Marry me!” And she/he introduces you to her husband/his wife. – That’s demand and supply gap
  8. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him and before you say anything, another person come and tells her: “I’m rich. Will you marry me?” And she/he goes with him/her – That’s competition eating into your market share
  9. You see a gorgeous girl/boy at a party. You go up to her/him1 and before you say: “I’m rich, Marry me!” your wife/husband arrives. – That’s restriction for entering new markets.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Bitcoin Address: 1CZMXfdyJzquJaagpHixzizuN2SxFbefTP



Blog Editor and Owner: Luis Aparicio Fernandes (or Mikey) is a Business Expert and a Traveler based in Sydney, Australia. He is a member of The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma due to his achievements in business. You can follow Luis on Google+, and LinkedIn.