Wednesday, 29 August 2012

7 years ago...

Today there is a slightly different topic on this blog. Today is my emigrant birthday... what does this mean? Well, 7 years ago I left Portugal and what I thought it would be a year abroad turn out to change my life completely... from 29th of August 2005 I have become a Portuguese emigrant.


Looking back, I see a younger self studying and working in the Netherlands, I have memories of a life-meaning conversation with a Buddhist monk in Thailand, I remember a difficult Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru, I could never forget my skydiving in Australia neither my backpacking experience with my father in New Zealand, the survival of a sea storm in Indonesia, the day I've met my love in a strange event in Amsterdam... etc etc etc...

I do not forget the people, the people that I've met along the way... too many to mention here but extremely important to my life. If you are reading this, thank you...One can only be grateful for such experiences.
And this day is also for my parents, they were the ones that planted the world-citizen seed... "the world is bigger than your backyard, where people can be different and that is okay"

Today is to feel grateful, to be happy and to smile... :-)

Blog Editor and Owner: Luis Aparicio Fernandes (or Mikey) is a Business Expert and a Traveler based in Sydney, Australia. He is a member of The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma due to his achievements in business. You can follow Luis on Google+, and LinkedIn.