Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Chestnuts - memories from Portugal

I am living abroad but of course I miss Portugal, and yesterday I bough chestnuts (aka castanhas)! Actually they pretty hard to find in Australia, I suspect that there is no chestnut production around here... :-/
Why do they bring memories? Well... in Portugal is custom to find in the streets trailers with roasted chestnuts.





It was a bit difficult to make them like Portuguese style since I do not have a fireplace (or even a oven!) but with a bit of imagination everything is possible! All you need is a microwave, a pot, a lot of salt and water!

Here is the result

Blog Editor and Owner: Luis Aparicio Fernandes (or Mikey) is a Business Expert and a Traveler based in Sydney, Australia. He is a member of The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma due to his achievements in business. You can follow Luis on Google+, and LinkedIn.